We try very hard to provide an excellent service to all our patients at all times, but sometimes things do go wrong. If you wish to make a complaint you should contact the Practice Manager, Mrs Scarlett Hooper, by phone or in writing and your complaint will be dealt with.
The Health Service Ombudsman
The Health Service Ombudsman has published a booklet that describes the ‘six principles for remedy’ in relation to complaints handling and involves:
- Getting it right
- Being customer focused
- Being open and accountable
- Acting fairly and proportionately
- Putting things right
- Seeking continuous improvements
If you remain unhappy after everything has been done to try to resolve your concern or complaint you have the right to approach the Ombudsman.
Tel: 0345 015 4033
Email: [email protected]
Write: Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP.
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
The NHS employs over a million staff in thousands of locations. It is a large and complex organisation providing a broad range of services. It is not surprising that sometimes you or a loved one may feel bewildered or concerned when using the NHS and this can be at times when you are feeling at your most vulnerable and anxious.
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service, known as PALS, has been introduced to ensure that the NHS listens to patients, their relatives, carers and friends, and answers their questions and resolves their concerns as quickly as possible.
PALS also helps the NHS to improve services by listening to what matters to patients and their loved ones and making changes, when appropriate.
What does PALS do?
In particular, PALS will:
- Provide you with information about the NHS and help you with any other health-related enquiry.
- Help resolve concerns or problems when you are using the NHS.
- Provide information about the NHS complaints procedure and how to get independent help if you decide you may want to make a complaint.
- Provide you with information and help introduce you to agencies and support groups outside the NHS.
- Inform you about how you can get more involved in your own healthcare and the NHS locally.
- Improve the NHS by listening to your concerns, suggestions and experiences and ensuring that people who design and manage services are aware of the issues you raise.
- Provide an early warning system for NHS Trusts and monitoring bodies by identifying problems or gaps in services and reporting them.
PALS can be contacted at:
Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Aldermaston Road, Basingstoke, RG24 9NA
Tel: 01256 486766